Cakewalk – Rapture Pro
Out this week is the latest instalment from Cakewalk; Rapture Pro. This new synth combines sample-based synthesis with oscillators and effects, with intuitive modulations to create a truly unique sound. To top it off, one of the sound-designers creating its factory content was our very own Dom Kane, who says “Rapture Pro has quickly become one of my ‘go-to’ synths… The fact that I can quickly load up a few samples and mix them in with all sorts of wavetables, oscillators, and effects, allows me to quickly create some amazing sounds from thick rich textures, to the absurd and abstract. Even the built in presets offer a huge variety of ready-to-go sounds for Producers of all genres.”
What is Rapture Pro?
Rapture Pro is the first performance synth to combine oscillator and sample-based synthesis in an intuitive design for musicians of any skill level. Simply load a sound and go! Rapture Pro’s innovative Perform mode connects the studio and stage with exceptional control for real-time expressiveness and a sound library that spans all genres of music. Whether you want a classic piano sound for a smooth jazz ballad, searing rock guitars, breathtaking atmospheres, or cutting-edge, step-sequenced patterns for EDM, you’ll find them all in the massive library of instruments, textures, and soundscapes.
But, Rapture Pro is far from the usual “set-and-forget” instrument. The new Edit mode gives you infinite tweakability by overlaying Rapture’s signature mixing and modulation options for every program. Harness the power of sophisticated synthesis and create sounds that you’ll need to hear to believe.
- Transform, perform, produce, bend, and twist with new sounds, more FX, and more control
- Find and prioritize sounds faster with databased browsing
- Performance Mode gives unprecedented freedom to interact with sounds on stage or in the studio
- Vector Mixer controls all 6 element volumes simultaneously for creative, real-time mixing
- Edit and create sounds easily with the clean, expansive, color-coded user interface
- 6-element architecture is ideal for MIDI guitar
- Effortless parameter mapping with the new Mod Matrix
- Each element of Rapture Pro has 7 Step Generators, 7 LFOs, and 7 Envelope Generators
- 13 crushing distortion FX for massive pads and lead presets
- 21 sweeping filters for building bass drops and surgical mixing
- 31 soaring insert FX for each individual element
- Freely layer synths and samples
- 2-click MIDI Mapping for quick controller assignments
- Mix your instrument’s elements with the Mixer Page’s faders, pan, and sends
- Individual element tone-shaping with a more visual EQ
- Supports Mac OS X Audio Units, Windows 7/8 VST3
- Nearly 10GB of sounds from professional sound designers
- Ability to load individual microtuning files per element
- Multitimbral mode allows you to play each element individually